Having gone unbeaten against Shelbourne in 2018, Cabinteely showed it was no fluke with a come from behind win.

At a rain-drenched Tolka Park, the Green and White’s rallied from 1-0 down to score twice in three second half minutes to register their first away SSE Airtricity League First Division success since July 2018.

Conor Keeley’s late first half penalty cancelled out ex-Cabo man Oscar Brennan’s early opener.

Rob Manley’s first goal for his new side on 70 minutes was followed by Kieran Marty Waters 25-yard effort 90 seconds later before Ciaran Kilduff pulled one back for the Reds.

From the team they succumbed to Bray on the opening day, there was one change with 18-year-old Alex Aspil making his full debut with Luke Clucas dropping to the bench.

As for the hosts, they made four alterations to their line-up who’d come from behind to beat Galway with Aidan Friel, Sean Quinn, Conan Byrne and Karl Moore all starting.

The Reds made the most of their first corner after seven minutes. From Moore’s deep delivery from the left, Stephen McGuinness made a parried save to thwart Luke Byrne. But Oscar Brennan scored his first goal for his new club by burying the rebound to the roof of the net.

Having played themselves back into the game off a series of set-pieces, the visitors got back on level terms moments before the interval.

Keith Dalton’s dangerous free from the right side of the box in the 44th minute was cleared by Ryan Brennan. But when it was put back into the danger zone, Manley was felled by Luke Byrne. Central defender Keeley stepped up to convert the spot-kick.

Ryan Brennan (twice), Conan Byrne and Kilduff went close with four chances for the home outfit from just after the turnaround to the hour mark.

Having weathered that storm, Cabo hit back with two quick-scores.

Dalton cut in from the left flank and his cross was diverted on by Waters for Manley to slot in from close range

Play had barely restarted when it became 3-1. From McGuinness’ long punt, Waters pounced with a clever 25-yard curler that wrong-footed Dean Delany.

Shels hit back on 76 minutes when Kilduff flicked in Moore’s centre.

Deep into injury time, McGuinness got a vital touch to tip Kilduff’s header onto the post to help seal a memorable victory.

Cabinteely FC: Stephen McGuinness; Eoin Massey, Jack Tuite, Conor Keeley (Jack Hudson 65), Seán Hurley; Alex Aspil; Vilius Labutis (Jack Watson 75), Zak O’Neill, Keith Dalton; Kieran Marty Waters; Robert Manley.

Subs not used: Peter Quinlan, Shane Barnes, Jonny Carlin, Nika Kalandarisvili, Luke Clucas.

Shelbourne: Dean Delany; Aidan Friel, Derek Prendergast, Luke Byrne, Lorcan Fitzgerald; Oscar Brennan, Ryan Brennan (Dayle Rooney 77), Conan Byrne, Karl Moore, Sean Quinn (Darragh Noone, 76); Ciaran Kilduff.

Subs not used: Colin McCabe, John Ross Wilson, Daniel McKenna, Shane Farrell.

Referee: Andrew Mullally.